The death of Malaysian terrorist Marwan also brings the possible retaliation of his students. Marwan is known as a bomb-making expert who has taught at least 3090 students in Mindanao. Recently, an intelligence report pointed that some of Basi Usman’s followers were seen in Cagayan de Oro. They were allegedly planning simultaneous attacks on key cities in retaliation to Marwan’s death.
As a result of this threat, the police force has sustained the heightened alert level raised in Metro Manila. The most probable targets of bombing attacks of Marwan’s students are the venues of EDSA I activities. This way, they will not only gain notoriety; they will also help agitate the already complex relationship between the administration and the militant groups whose main agenda is to chunk people’s support to the government.
The following are also recommended:
- Stay away from crowded areas such as malls, ports and terminals.
- Monitor the news.
- Keep a list of all main responders, especially those near the vicinity of your place of work or home.
- Do not reveal personal information to strangers.
- In case there are dubious packages or objects left in the open, do not open it. Call the police. Do not allow others to come near it.
- Be vigilant and prepared but do not panic.
- Do not spread anomalous SMS messages alleging an impending danger
Activities on the 29th Anniversary of People Power I
“Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabago”
– Ceremony to honor outstanding youth organization will be held at the Heroes’ Hall of Malacañang.
(EDSA People Power Commission has partnered with the Ten Accomplished Youth Organizations (TAYO) Awards Foundation to honor youth organizations that have exemplified the spirit of People Power and bayanihan through their programs and projects.)
– Wreath-laying ceremony at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier at the Libingan ng mga Bayani in Taguig City to commemorate all past heroes, including the military personnel who were at the 1986 EDSA People Power Revolution
– President Aquino and the rest of the First Family will be invited as guests of honor for the activities at the EDSA Shrine, which begin with a wreath-laying ceremony at the People Power Monument.
– A Mass will then be held at the EDSA Shrine, to be celebrated by Manila Archbishop Luis Antonio Cardinal Tagle
– Militant groups will form a human chain along EDSA.